The last week of May proved to be quite productive. I just had to scratch my polymer clay itch, as I have not made anything new in a while. I was able to cough up this pendant after a futile attempt to make something intricate. It's quite frustrating - it didn't turn out exactly like I hoped.
I have a small collection of scrapbook papers which I never use for scrapbooking. Instead, I use them for inspiration or for photo backdrops.
I am fond of this particular sheet for its intricate details - delicate stitchery, a burst of color, and paisley-like patterns. It's called Feuille de Autumne.
I guess I captured the essence of the sheet in the pendant I made, but it's not really what I envisioned.
Although I think I got the petals right. I individually shaped each petal by hand then added the stitches, veins and dots. But when I tried to combine the petals to make the flower, that's when the problem started. They didn't quite "stand" or "fall" the way I wanted them to. Every little pinch, they'd die in my finger. Frustrating! I wanted a bulb in full bloom. Oh well, I'll try again next time.