Blast from the past

Friendster died last night.  I kept putting off saving my data, until I totally forgot about it.  I almost had a heart attack last night when I realized I only had 30 minutes to salvage my old photos.  When I lost my old Picturetrail account eons ago, I lost most of the photos from when I was just starting to sell my handmade jewelry.  So I wasn't about to lose my precious Friendster photos without a fight.  Good thing the actual exporting of files through the Exporter app has been extended until June 27!

Here are some photos I salvaged earlier today.  I can't help but feel nostalgic.


I used to wear really funky neck pieces to school, and would receive a lot of compliments.  That's when I decided to start selling my work.


I don't remember when I made this necklace.  I called it "Vintage Meets Punk".  It must have been in 2004 or 2005, judging from my outfit below. Ah, college days.


And on a side note, here's an old logo from those days, also saved from my Friendster account. Illustrated by dear Marco, and colored by me through Photoshop.  Teehee.


It pains me to think about all those lost photos from now-defunct websites.  I remember many more funky necklaces and out of this world accessories I made as a teen.  Sigh. 

So friends, always archive photos of your work, no matter how crazy you think your projects are.  It will be nice to look back someday, and say, I've come a long way.

Comments

Popular Posts