Work in progress

I'm having fun working on large floral focals right now. I made a bunch yesterday, but only these two turned out okay.


I would like to thank Janet Pitcher for inspiring me to make petal canes. I found her Petal Pusher tutorial in a back issue of Bead Unique last year.

Too bad you can't see the caning here because of my crappy photo. I don't have a decent camera right now.

It took me 30 minutes to make a 2-inch cane. And that's just the cane, the construction of the flower is a different story. What with my rusty hands and the really hot weather which made the clay gooey. But thank God for my electric pasta machine! I don't think I'd make any progress if I had to crank my small manual one.

It's going to be hard to let go of the blue and green flower. That's my favorite out of everything I made this week. But I'm gonna have to resist my hoarding tendencies this time.

Comments

Popular Posts