What is happening to the world of publishing?!

Another favorite magazine announced that it's folding!

Just like Domino, Craft magazine is saying goodbye due to lack of advertising interest. What a sad sad year for publishing.


I adored Craft - it wasn't your ordinary how-to magazine. It was filled with inspiring stories about indie designers, cool DIY ideas that were not the usual cookie-cutter projects, and very useful and practical info for struggling artists (ehem, hehe). Most importantly, there was a sense of community in its pages - reading it made you feel like you were part of something big. I can't believe they're folding.

There's a silver lining to this sad story though: they're keeping their online presence, yay!

I wish I could say the same thing for my beloved Domino. Sob.

Comments

Popular Posts