Thursday, February 19, 2009

What is happening to the world of publishing?!

Another favorite magazine announced that it's folding!

Just like Domino, Craft magazine is saying goodbye due to lack of advertising interest. What a sad sad year for publishing.


I adored Craft - it wasn't your ordinary how-to magazine. It was filled with inspiring stories about indie designers, cool DIY ideas that were not the usual cookie-cutter projects, and very useful and practical info for struggling artists (ehem, hehe). Most importantly, there was a sense of community in its pages - reading it made you feel like you were part of something big. I can't believe they're folding.

There's a silver lining to this sad story though: they're keeping their online presence, yay!

I wish I could say the same thing for my beloved Domino. Sob.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails