Hello, I'm Angeli and I'm an insomniac

Almost every other day, I see the sky turning a delicious shade of pink and orange. Although I never get up before the sun rises, I do get to see it often - only because I am still awake when dawn breaks. Tonight, like every other night, I toss and turn and fret about still being awake at this hour. No matter how tired or sleepy I am, the story is the same.

I found this note on my phone, written about a month ago:

"So here i am again, risking carpal tunnel, typing away on my tiny qwerty phone in the dark. Because I can't friggin sleep.

I've checked every status update on both my facebook accounts, read every tweet on twitter, browsed photos of gorgeous beaches on flickr, and even read quite a number of new blog entries from my favorite online haunts. But I am still wide awake at 2:30 in the morning.

I'd have to thank my overly active imagination for that. Just when I feel like I'm drifting off, an idea suddenly sparks, then I stay awake going over it again and again. Or I remember something and fret over it, then I can't shut down.

If you're wondering why I don't just get up and do something more productive, like make clay cupcakes, let me just tell you that when you're pooped and ready for dreamland, with eyes heavy and back tired, there is nothing less appealing than getting up.

So in these wee hours of the morning, I dream about McDonald's pancakes, and those artery-clogging oil-soaked hash browns I love. (To say "dream" is so ironic. What do you call a daydream in the middle of the night anyway?)

The tragic thing is, I'd have to wait another couple of hours to order. By which time I'd be too sleepy to dial 8MCDO.

I am hungry. And super tired. And sleepy.

But I can't sleep. Story of my life."

*** I wanted to post about yesterday's trip to an art fair, but my phone won't let me post photos tonight. But since I couldn't sleep, I still wanted to write. Sorry if I posted stupid things two nights in a row. :-| I promise to post crafty things next time.

Comments

Popular Posts