Another recycling project: masquerade mask

Hello my crafty friends! I've missed you!

I haven't created anything since the flowers I posted in May! I'm having too much fun being a mom. My little Ally is growing into such an adorable and funny little lady. I spend all my time with her, there really isn't time left for my beads and clay.




I'm stopping by real quick to share with you my entry to the Philippine Polymer Clay Guild's latest challenge. All members were required to make a mask using polymer clay and mixed media. This challenge aimed to stretch our creative muscles and think beyond polymer clay.

The challenge was mandatory, so I had to whip something up in the non-existent free time I had. Good thing we were allowed to use any material, so this was an easier project for me to do than an all-clay piece. Paper and fabric are relatively safe materials to handle while a very malikot toddler is playing a few feet away from you. I wouldn't be able to submit if I had to sculpt and bake.

I made this using materials I already had in my studio. The black lacy fabric is actually from my mom's old blouse. The polymer clay pieces are from a project I made two years ago. I added the chicken feathers last-minute, a nod to the Masskara Festival in Bacolod that also happened this month. The feathers are old and shabby because they're from an old Venetian-looking mask I bought in Divisoria five or six years ago.

I'll show you the how-to in my next post!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, how do you make this? I am making a mask and i am looking for some techniques to use. thanks :)

Popular Posts