French-inspired polymer clay jewelry

If the Moroccan-inspired jewelry were simple clay medallions set on brass filigree, these new French-inspired pieces feature photo-transfer polymer clay tiles wrapped with filigree.

At first, I came up with simple photo-transfer tiles, like the ones I used to make when I was starting out. But I found them boring, and I wanted something new this time.

I decided I wanted them to look like delicate vintage cabs and cameos. The challenge was to make the tiles look luxurious, and it's hard to do that with polymer clay.

I set them on brass filigree, like what I did in the Moroccan collection, but the tiles looked out of place. So I tried something different - wrapping them in filigree instead of simply setting them on top of it. I think I finally got the look I was going for.



Comments

Popular Posts