Anthony Bourdain was here!

And thank God he didn't do the gasgas balut story.

photo from www.travelchannel.com

I do not watch TV often. I am more of a bookworm than a couch potato. The whole time I was away in college, I didn't have a TV! I don't see the point of having to endure cheesy commercials. Even cable channels have annoying tendencies to advertise their TV shows over and over -repetition drives me insane!

So on those rare times when I do plop down on the sofa to watch the boob tube, I choose my shows carefully. And one show I will willingly sacrifice my sanity over (damn those repetitive T&L plugs!) is Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. I heart Tony. His tongue-in-cheek take on all things food related is a breath of fresh air.

And what do you know, No Reservations finally lands on Philippine soil. About time! I have no idea what they're featuring or where they're going (I hope they don't skip a trip to Bicol - there's nothing like Bicol express or laing), but I did find a few hints from Tony's blog:

Well … I'm here. And the pressure is on. Luggage yet to arrive, I walk, unshaven, unwashed and in dirty clothes through the lobby of my hotel and everybody, it seems, watches the show. All eyes seem to follow my reeking carcass up to the breakfast buffet. People stop me and ask me what I plan to show the world of their country. Still stinging from the whirlwind of revulsion that followed last week's stillbirth, I wish I had a big floppy hat I could pull down over my head (if not my whole body). All I can say is "Don't worry. We're NOT doing balut. Been there. Done that." And privately think to myself, "Don't screw this up … don't screw this up ... don't screw this up."

Read the rest of his entry here. Can't wait to catch the episode!

Other shows I adore: Miami/LA Ink (not so much anymore), How the Best Is Done, Globe Trotter, and Disney Channel movies (haha!)

Comments

Popular Posts